TurnKey PR believes in using a data-driven method to pitch all our story ideas. This is the process that we use for most of our accounts, and the one we did use our Waybu account:
* Create a media list and send bulk emails to everyone on the list.
* Choose a story idea pitch template that we designed. This template has gone through extensive refining and A/B testing.
* Customize the template, varying each one differently. This includes making the email subject lines different.
* Email one version of these pitches to at least 100 small media outlets.
* Use our own data analysis worksheet to see how many people responded favorably to our email pitch.
* From the responses a single 'winning' pitch will emerge from the bunch. Working on this one pitch will make it better and better.
* Take this winning pitch and scale it to reach the large media outlets, as well as thousands of other media contacts.
* * For Waybu we went to small media outlets to test our 'college entrepreneurship' story ideas. We reached out to those businesses that actually prefer highlighting stories about small businesses and entrepreneurs.
After we finished our testing, we finally decided that the email subject line that was the overall winner is:
Story Idea: College Entrepreneurs Start Sustainable Brand Of Eyewear
We find that this pitch offers a lot of positive content, and is a fun and breezy line.
* The TurnKey PR media team then sends the story idea pitch to a few media outlets, before reaching for a wider contact range.
* Next step is to send the story out to various media outlets like newspapers, magazines (both men's and women's), morning tv shows, lifestyle bloggers, and radio shows that play during rush hour commutes. These reach a wide audience rather quickly.
It did not take very long for responses to start flooding our email box. Both small and large media outlets responded within minutes of receiving our email pitch. Comments such as "we love it!" and "this is fun" from editors, producers, and reporters made our staff smile. It didn't matter who we sent our story pitch to, they all had an emotional response and wanted to let us know. We are so glad they did!
As main street media began broadcasting segments of our story, and articles about the story were published, we were excited to think that we might reach a high syndication factor. Once our story was out there, other media outlets wanted to cover it.
Once the story reaches the most influential media outlets, other media will want in on the story, and we don't even have to send a pitch to them. TurnKey PR used this technique for our Waybu account; we do the same for all our projects.
Before we knew it, there was coverage of our story worldwide - from many places that were not even on our media list. When this became a daily occurrence, we knew our campaign was now a viral PR hit.
The End Results
No matter how we measure it, our campaign for Waybu is a huge success. Over 5 million people saw our story, thanks to more than 50 different media outlets sharing it with a global audience.
TurnKey PR offers our customers the perfect solution for their every need, no matter what the project is. Whether you are in design, tech, music, film, or print, the process for every project is basically the same.
We know our PR process works because we have helped artists, inventors, entrepreneurs, crowdfunders, and startups. Further more, there are dozens of our success stories on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, all which assure us that our methods really do work.
Knowing our success rate, isn't it time to get PR for your own project? All you need to do to start the process is visit our website: crowdfunding PR. The TurnKey PR team is always more than happy to address your concerns and answer any question you may have. You may also visit: turnkey pr for more details.